HR Consultant Vacancy
You HR Consultancy are currently looking to recruit an HR Consultant to join the team.
The HR Consultant job entails providing comprehensive, pragmatic, and proactive client-focused HR and OD support, advice and guidance to our clients’ spanning our four service lines, through both our Retained and Pay As You Go (PAYG) service levels.
As an HR Consultant, you will be involved with developing business opportunities with existing clients and prospective leads, shaping and delivering scoped work plans efficiently, accurately and professionally on brand, living our organisational values at every opportunity.
Our Personal and Organisational Development (POD) programme will be a pivotal tool to ensure our values, standards and behaviours are embedded in all you do within the Consultancy practice and through client delivery.
You HR’s values are: that we listen, understand, action and achieve and our standards and behaviours are: to have a professional, supportive and flexible approach to each other and our clients, to be committed as a team to deliver the best possible experience; by a driven, honest and motivated ‘can-do’ attitude, underpinned by a desire to communicate effectively and care about what we do.
- Client Delivery Manager and the client delivery and corporate Teams
- You HR Senior Management Team (SMT)
- The wider Associate resources of the Consultancy
- Prospective leads, new and existing Clients
- Service Providers and Partner Organisations
- Professional Organisations and Networks
HR and OD Service Client Delivery:
Working efficiently across a portfolio of Not for Profit, Public Sector and Small/Medium Enterprise clients on a range of generalist HR and OD activities, you will need to:
- Review, understand and interpret HR advice in matters that span the 4 service lines of the consultancy; from transactional HR activity, people, learning and organisational development change management, through to health and wellbeing.
- Develop and successfully implement client work plans, maintaining these work plans proactively across a client portfolio, holding the client to account to ensure successful delivery, tracking activity using You HR’s systems and reporting as required.
- To undertake client HR and OD audits to determine the prioritised areas of focus in client delivery and translate these findings into tangible deliverables in plans of action.
- Seamlessly enable a natural review of client progress, using You HR’s client experience journey (onboarding and offboarding) and means such as quarterly (or other as required) reviews, to manage the life-cycle of client contracts and continuity of retained/continued service.
- Develop and maintain productive exceptional standards of delivery and ‘trusted’ collaborative relationships with clients, colleagues, and other representatives, demonstrating professional credibility at all times.
- All our work centres around our services lines, our tree portrays how all our work focuses on client growth and progression through best practice people management being applied. For example, assisting a client through every day HR operational matters through health and wellbeing interventions to improve the organisational culture and reduce sickness absence.
- Give sound advice and guidance that promotes positive performance management and development in action and the benefits of integration with wider systems such as appraisal, performance-related pay, learning and training, employee benefits and rewards and progression.
- Show confidence, competency and resilience in skillfully advising and guiding clients to facilitate and mediate employee relations. Addressing information and form casework where applicable, including; grievances, conduct and capability, disciplinary, whistleblowing.
- To navigate through all varying types of organisational change required, for example; from restructures to redundancies, transfers (TUPE) to changes in terms and conditions. Leading the way to advise on consultation needs from an individual and broader workforce perspective.
- To meaningfully nurture organisational and individual wellbeing needs, temperature checking the voice of the employee, understanding levels of satisfaction, wellness, morale, motivation – all dimensions that support retaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Supporting the Client Delivery Manager to progress any client recommendations where gaps may be identified that could be of detriment to the client or the delivery of You HR Services.
- Prepare ad hoc/regular intellectual management information reports for clients that enables them to see the value of people/workforce data/information, analysis and reporting to make informed organisational decisions.
- Contribute to the internal resource plan to proactively manage demand and supply, providing high-level headlines of client delivery month on month, or as required.
- To track and record ‘spent time’ on client delivery to ensure activities are delivered in contracted time and overperformance doesn’t occur, flagging to the Client Delivery Manager any concerns where over-delivery of time is risk and additional service support is required to be approved from the client.
Creative Design and Delivery:
- Design best practice HR content (handbooks, policies, procedures, processes, strategies, plans, training programmes, reports and much more) that are enticing for the end-user (managers and staff) and promote the refreshingly vibrant and ‘on brand’ style of You HR Consultancy.
- Provide regular content for marketing activity including mailshots and newsletters, blogging and vlogging, ensuring a healthy planned stock of scheduled ‘evergreen’ activity and ad-hoc campaign requirements are well supported.
- Proactively engage in promoting the brand at events, through social media presence or any other means that help to raise awareness of the You HR Philosophy and brand story.
- Work in a way that strives for the best to achieve the Consultancy’s vision to ‘give back’ to the Community and achieve continuous improvement for clients and for You HR Consultancy.
- Provide supervision, support and guidance to junior members of the team and peer review where required, ensuring the Consultancy’s value, standards and behaviours are always practised.
- Understand and apply the varying levels of Retained HR Services to clients, or any bespoke project work creatively, ensuring that the appropriate communicative interventions are applied and within the allocated time of the client’s contract.
- Research, design, develop and implement new product content to advance the 4 consultancy service lines and levels with the ability to take products to market.
- To self-maintain own continuing professional development record and ensure completion of annual POD (Personal and Organisational Development) and the achievement of objectives, targets, expected levels of competency, standards and behaviours.
- Be able to reflect on own learning needs and ways of preferred learning to close any gaps in learning need.
- Engage in being a ‘lead specialist’ in areas of preferred interest or as the Consultancy requires but taking the opportunity to support plans of succession and career development.
- Proactively keep up to date (and share learning) across your own role and proactively identify and progress your own learning and development needs.
- Partake in and share learning and initiatives that will enable own personal and professional growth as well as enable the successful growth of YHRC resources.
- Proactively progress plans for developing own HR knowledge, skill and experience.
- Keeping up to date information regarding developments in human resources practices, employment legislation, and sharing of knowledge within the team.
- Raise any concerns of inappropriate client activity, including non-compliance of legislative, regulatory or best practice HR to the Client Delivery Manager.
- To keep abreast of YHRC policies and strategic objectives of YHRC in order that accurate and relevant information is provided to the core team and Associates. Benefits
Competitive Salary, Flexible Working, Pension Scheme (Legal & General), 22 days Annual Leave (+ Bank Holidays) Employee Benefits SchemeNotes
We are proud to be a Consultancy where #itsallaboutthepeople!
Our vibrant, nurturing and ‘work hard, play hard’ culture along with our unique philosophy to enable business growth through great people management practice makes us stand out from the rest in every way.
We continuously deliver nothing other than the best when proactively producing the highest standards of quality services to our Public Sector, Not for Profit and Small/Medium-sized Private Sector clients.
Our values to actively listen, understand, take the right action and achieve the right results are engrained in all we do.
Interviews will be held on the 28th April ’21.
Trial days to be completed on 4th and 5th May 2021.
All applicants please review the documents section and complete an application form and pre-qualifying questions and upload the application here. Find out more about who we are here.